The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 720 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a cute story. It took me a bit to figure out what was going on at first, but once I got it, I was totally immersed in the story. I like your characters and you covered the topic in a fresh and fun way. Nice job.
01/18/13
This is the kind of attitude we all should have. God always answers our prayers but maybe not exactly what we had in mind. Good job!
01/19/13
This is an enjoyable story. I don't think I have ever even caught a fish in my life, but I enjoyed the comraderie of the women.
I love this story and had fun reading it.
01/21/13
I loved this story! You did a great job with it.
01/22/13
Great article! You're telling a good story, drawing the reader in with dialogue and descriptions. The story itself is captivating. Will they catch a fish? Excellent job staying on topic.

750 words is very limiting, but good for keeping it succinct and bringing out the main point. I usually write a long version of my story, then cut cut cut out every unnecessary word that doesn't tie in with my point. It's important to make sure the reader walks away having understood your takeaway point, and had a memorable journey in the process.

Keep writing! You have an engaging style. Nice job.

01/22/13
Cute read! Thanks.
God bless~
I love to fish and consequently, loved your story. In the next to last paragraph where you wrote "...declined they add nothing to weigh", I think you meant to write, "declared they had ...". I've found that if I read my story out loud before submitting it, I catch some of these pesky errors. Well done.
Congratulations for ranking 9th in Level one!! The top 12 rankings in each level can be found on the message boards.