The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 874 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/13/13
This was interesting and a very well writtn entry. Nicely done...loved the last line. I'm still smiling at that unforgettable line.

God bless~
01/13/13
I enjoyed your humor. This was an interesting take on the topic. Just wondering - what really happened to the MC? Thanks.
“I pole-vaulted a cat and hit a light pole.”

That had me laughing out loud. Perfect line, and great job of making me feel as lost as the MC. My first impression, though, was that this was a serious situation, like a soldier sprawled on a battlefield. Which is probably how the MC felt. Glad for the fun twists and turns to get him back home.
01/13/13
Disaster prone springs to mind. This is a real catalogue of errors. I'm glad you survived long enough to write the last line which rounded it off nicely. Enjoyed the read. Good job.
01/14/13
Great word pictures, like skiing on the soap in the shower. Very enjoyable read.
01/15/13
You had me presupposing all kinds of reasons for his injured state. Thoroughly enjoyed your well written and supurbly crafted story.
Haha! I really hope this rates high. Too funny. The similes and cliches and such would have been overdone except they were so perfect for this. Especially liked: My mind raced faster than peanut butter on a cold stove.
Congratulations on your ribbon and for ranking 12 overall!
I don't know how I missed this before but am so glad I found it now. Your delightful sense of humor had me snickering throughout. This is an awesome story.