The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 627 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/12
They are quite intelligent. I recall watching a program that showed a crow trying to get something in a tube. He walked over to a wire and cuved it with his beak, and slipped it into the tube to get the food out!

Nicely done. I enjoyed this.

Thanks. God bless~
12/18/12
Definitely a creative take on "game." Lots of interesting info. on crows/ :-) Format is a little off, but very informative entry!
This is an interesting essay. I never used to be much of an outdoors person but the last few years I've enjoyed the wildlife in my rural setting, especially the birds. I delighted in seeing two Blue Jays and a cardinal a couple of days ago. My heart was heavy with the horrific headlines and I believe God sent those birds to lift my spirits. even if only for a moment or two.

Though this was quite fascinating and educational it felt a bit like a school paper. There's nothing wrong with that at all, if your intention was educating others on birds or crows in particular you did an extraordinary job with it.

I fear it may be a tad weak on the topic end. I can see it in there whether it is the game that the birds hunt or if the birds seem to be playing games. This quarter there isn't as tight of a link for the topics so you can get by in being broader but next quarter the topics will be linked for the anthologies.

I truly enjoyed this piece and I found it full of information. Your descriptions in the beginning with the hawk swooping and diving was brilliant. I could almost see it against a brilliant blue sky. The quote at the end is new to me, but I think it will be one of my favorite quotes. Thank you so much for this glimpse into a world that has intrigued me. You left me with a thirst to go out and spot the crows and watch them. I may wait until it warms up a bit but I will be thinking of this piece the next time I hear the familiar caw, caw.