The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 684 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/12
I can feel your pain, I am bipolar...and even though my symtoms have been curbed for 22 years by medication and almost non existent since I came to Christ, I know exactly where you are coming from. Thanks for sharing! I pray for your continued happiness and want you to know Christ can and will heal you.

God Bless, Lynn
11/16/12
You brought tears to my eyes. I, in the past dealt with much of what you mentioned, as a result of an abusive childhood. Through God's grace, caring doctors and counselors, and medication, I am so much better. But your words really hit because of a young woman who is currently in our care, who battles almost everything you mentioned. Your prayer is powerful, heartfelt, and so moving. Thank you for opening yourself up and sharing this part of your life. I know you touched me.
There are so many emotions swirling around in my head right now. I'm not sure if this is a true story but I suspect there is quite a bit of truth in this as you do too good of a job of describing the turmoil and the pain for it to be all fiction.

You have some little errors like lack trust instead of lacked trust and schizophrenic instead of schizophrenia. Those are tiny errors that a good proofreader or challenge buddy could help you catch. If you need help finding one, check the message boards or PM me and I'll try to help you.

Mental illness can leave entire families feeling shamed and like something that should be hidden. I really commend you for tackling such a difficult subject. Your story made me stop and say a pray for those who are hurting right this second and believe the world would be better off without them in it. It's a horrible way to feel and you captured that emotion. I found myself rooting for your MC and praying that things are better. The truth is not one single person deserves God's mercy which is why He gives it freely to anyone who asks for it. As humans we are doomed but as Jesus' child we are blessed beyond imagination. Keep writing what God lays on your heart. You have no idea how many people your words might touch and how God can take a terrible situation and turn it into something to glorify Him if we will only allow it. :)