The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1070 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This makes me want to cry, but yes it does take the sting out of dementia. God bless you for sharing this. It is like a healing balm.
10/12/12
This is a very poignant story and I love the way you have God speaking through the MC with dementia. Well written and moving.
This is a beautiful tribute and it sent chills running down my back. How wonderful that the one thing this woman hangs onto is her love of the Lord and her time spent with the Sunday School. It speaks volumes about her life and from this story her legacy and God's word will continue on and on long after the dementia is gone. That's a beautiful thing.
10/13/12
Wow. Wow. So beautifully written. What I lack in words I make up for in tears.
Thank you.
10/13/12
An inspiring example of how to love someone who can't love back at the same level, which shouts out real value to a world where performance and appearance are all that matters. Congratulations.
10/16/12
Oh my...this was poignant, touchingly beautiful, and spoke to my heart. I have seen those with this disorder, having worked with this population in the nursing home in my career...and this story is a reflection of this malady in a positive spin.

You've managed to touch on a subject with class, sensitivity, and most important --showing how God works in His mysterious and glorious ways. Beautifully done.

A winner for sure! If this doesn't win...I give up!

Thank you, and may
God Bless you~
10/17/12
I met a lady in a nursing home who didnt know her own name or even what year it was but I can tell you she knew Jesus. She was one of the happiest people I ever met and she didnt care if her mind didnt work. This is a wonderful story and I can relate because I live with an elderly aunt who is at the onset stage. God Bless and thank you for this! Excellent writing!
10/17/12
Beautiful story. It touched my heart. I remember my grandmother, who, in the last couple of years of her life started suffering with dementia and it was sad to see it happen. But she also had her happy times. I love how you showed the character's strong faith in Jesus.

God bless!
10/18/12
Great writing and congratulations on your 2nd place finish!
10/18/12
This is great! It is such a great approach to the topic, and deeply touching. Congratulations on your placing.
Beautifully written and profound. God is faithful in all His ways, it is for us to discover it without prejudice. Great, outstanding, writing. Congratulations!
10/18/12
What a touching, beautiful story! It shows us how a life of giving glory to God does not cease even when old, ill, and not in our right minds. CONGRATULATIONS on your E.C. and level wins with this well-written piece!
10/18/12
Oh, I absolutely love this. Yes, your mother was glorifying God and doing what she loved best. God is good.
10/18/12
Congratulations on your second placing, and for such a sensitively-written story.
10/18/12
A very moving piece and testament of the strength of the human spirit! Wonderful writing so deserving of your win.
10/19/12
Simply stunning how you interwove such an ugly disease with an astonishingly beautiful testament to a life lived for the glory of God!
10/19/12
Good job Jana! Congrats! God bless!
10/19/12
This is so beautiful, touching and encouraging. I knew someone like this, who even in the later stages of dementia, when most faculties were absent, would burst into song, singing praises and reciting scripture with a real look of joy in his eyes.

Congratulations on your very worthy win.
10/19/12
Jana- Congratulations...I knew this was going to win.

It was beautifully written, and touched me deeply as it did so many others.

God Bless you~