The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1073 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/12
Wow, does this pull at the heartstrings. I loved it.
05/10/12
Oh, how I love this delightful story. What a wonderful daddy, and how precious that the child took such pleasure in observing her daddy's morning ritual. Well written and an enjoyable read. God bless!
05/11/12
Such a poignant entry. I could relate to this entirely. I loved observing my amazing dad...memories that will be etched in my heart forever. Your thoughts and this entry will mirror many a "little girl's heart."

Good job. God Bless~
05/15/12
Nice touch and approach on story angle.
I just love this piece. You captured my heart with this delightful description. I was worried for a bit that it might be a tad off topic, but the center of the MC's focus portrayed the perfect picture of weariness.
05/16/12
This was so wonderful! You really made a hero of this faithful and loving man. I could feel the love and admiration of this child for her father as she enjoyed their morning ritual. The scenes were so vivid and painted with such care. Great job!
05/16/12
Oh wow! That's exactly what I said outloud after reading your entry. It was simply wonderful. What a hard-working husband and father and what a devoted little girl, wanting just a glimpse of her daddy before he went off to earn a living for his house. This truly touched my heart. I loved your descriptive writing thrughout. This was simply a delight to read.
05/17/12
This is a really enjoyable piece. It is touching and well written. I love the MC's devotion to the Dad.
05/17/12
Congratulations on your 3rd place finish!
I could almost feel the heart beat of the young girl as she observed her father. I loved the story, well written shows the love of child for her father!
05/17/12
Congratulations. God bless~
What a great Father's Day story! Congrats on the win, you've earned it! That was truly a delightful read.
05/17/12
Congratulations on your third placing, for this is such a warm, evocative entry. God bless you as your writing ministry grows.
05/17/12
Congratulations on your third placing, for this is such a warm, evocative entry. God bless you as your writing ministry grows.
05/17/12
Congratulations on your third placing, for this is such a warm, evocative entry. God bless you as your writing ministry grows.
05/18/12
A beaustiful description of a father from an adoring child's point of view. This was really touching. Congratulations on your 3rd place win.
Marina, that was beautiful. I could see you laying on the floor peeking to watch your daddy. How precious. If it's a true story, it sounds like it is, I wonder if he really knew you were there. :)
Ah darn, I hit enter before I put in a huge congrats to you for placing third. That is awesome! So happy for you.
06/26/12
Marina, I'm going to feature this lovely story on the Front Page Showcase for the week of July 2. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
07/02/12
Great story Marina. You brought the reader into the room with you. I really liked it but I like you even more. God Bless, Mike
07/05/12
You literally brought tears to my eyes with these poignant memories of your childhood. Thank you so much for sharing.