The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1377 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ahh, I'm teary-eyed. I didn't see the prison part coming and I'm usually pretty good at that. I think it was because I was so into your letter, I enjoyed each word as it came. I didn't need to rush ahead and figured out the ending. Beautifully done.
03/01/12
Touching and inspiring story. Good job with this...it makes ones emotions surge for sure.

God Bless~
03/02/12
In my book, this has "winner" written all over it! You captured the inmate's emotions of gratitude, regret, reminiscence, and repentance all beautifully. And I liked the purposeful verb errors as well (i.e. "were" instead of "was"). Anyone who's received letters from someone in prison knows that their spellin' ain't always purty. ;)

Nicely done!
03/02/12
Never mind, I think I read some of the "were's" and "was's" wrong. HeHe! Oops! At any rate, this is totally awesome. :)
03/05/12
Having worked in a ministry for 20 years and part of what we did was a jail/prison outreach, this entry especially touched me. Good writing! God bless!
03/06/12
A moving story that touches the heart. The emotions of the MC comes through very well. Excellent piece!
Congratulations for ranking 9th in level three!
03/09/12
Congratulations on ranking 9th! This is still one of my favorites for the "encouragement" topic. :)