The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1116 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Really enjoyed this. You told a story without telling a story, both the story of the blogger and the story of a people group. Very creative and touched my heart. :)
11/03/11
Very clever use of conversation to build the information and maintain the readers' interest as your message unfolds. Well done.
I really enjoyed your piece. I'm the first one to admit I'm quite naive when it comes to things beyond my backyard. You really educated me and I appreciate that.

I know you packed a lot of info in 750 words but I wish you had been able to develop your characters a bit more. You showed quite a bit with there dialog but it was hard for me to picture them. I think it's ingenious that they were kids in their pjs but it would be easy to miss that. The little sister helped with that but if you had described her actions it would have been more beneficial.

The start and ending were both really good. I was eager to keep reading. The ending made me smile. I also thought your message was concise and timely.
Oh the shame. It should be their instead of there. One of these days I'm going to proof my comments before I hit submit! :)
11/08/11
I enjoyed this unique entry.

Loved this:

“I just want people to realize that someone has a heart for the invisible people of our world.”

Spoken like a true passionate blogger.

I liked that the little brother softened around the edges over time and how the MC remained unwavering in her convicions.
11/09/11
Truly insightful and powerfully done. I enjoyed his heart and his whole premise. Good job! God Bless~
11/13/11
Another great take on topic, and with a timely message. Enjoyed it very much.
11/14/11
A nicely written piece which clearly sets right the perspective of what blogging can do! Too many of us are spiritually short-sighted to see beyond the boundaries of our own 'world' to open up to a greater vision in meeting the needs of those outside our community. Now we can go to the mission fields without traveling abroad, by reaching the world online. God bless.
Congratulations for ranking 6th in your level!
11/29/11
Jack, I'm going to use this on the Front Page Showcase for the week of Dec. 12. Look for it on the FaithWriters Home Page--and concratulations!