The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 920 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
An outlook of hope for the young of today who are indeed entering a new time economic downturn. Thank you for sharing.
06/10/11
I loved your article. I have a certain fascination with the era of the Great Depression and value the "outlook" of those who lived it. Thank you for sharing yours and, I agree, I think people of this era would rise to the occasion if a recession as bad as the Great Depression hit again. It does make one think twice about the excess we live in today and how the norms of expectation keep changing. My daughter is trying to plan a big 16th birthday three day event, while I simply went to an amusement park with my best friend on mine.
You did A great job on this piece. I feel transported back to the times of the TV show The Waltons. All they needed to survive was love and faith in God. When my husband lost his job after 20 years God provided with perfect timing. Thank you for the great reminder.
06/14/11
I was born in the late 40's but well remember the resourcefulness of my parents to make ends meet, to live frugally and make use of everything. I learned so much from them. Your story transported me back in time. Thanks so much for sharing. God bless!