The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1290 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/28/11
How mean of that pilot and grandpa Bert to scare poor Jason with that outlandish ejection story! LOL LOL LOL Bert seemed quite the character, a character that feels based on reality! Enjoyed the read.
05/28/11
I love the characters you've created here and would read anything with Bert a part of the story. Creating interesting characters is the toughest part and you not only did that, but put them into a story that flowed well and stayed true to their personalities. Great job! Thanks for writing and sharing this with us!
05/28/11
Excellent writing. Loved the characterization. Thanks for the enjoyable few minutes of reading.
05/29/11
Family stories are endless grist for the mill, aren't they? Got off to a slow start (see repeated phrase in the second sentence that had me re-reading to figure it out) but once you got going, you developed the farmer's character beautifully.
05/31/11
LOL! I think your farmer left a few tramatized folk in the furrow! He definitely ranks as an outlandish, and probably loveable character. (and I wouldn't be surprised if there were more stories that could be told). You've delighted this reader in a most entertaining way.
05/31/11
Ah Bert ... what a character. He has to be real and if I'm wrong you've done an outstanding job of creating him!
06/01/11
An interesting and a light-hearted read! Enjoyed this piece ... except for the mention of 9/11. Good job with the characterization and the story plot.
This is a great story. I chuckled throughout at your delightful humor. Nice job.