The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1435 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/16/11
In the midst of despair and the seemingly unescapable bleakness -- there IS hope. Thankyou!
Wow this brought tears to my eyes. I can't think of anything better to say then wow
05/18/11
As one who worked in the inner city for 20 years and can attest to the fact that this is reality and that the numbers have increased in recent years, I applaud your well-written, thought provoking story. Thanks for sharing. God bless!
Congratulations on your Highly Commended award.
05/19/11
I like the ending. Where the hearts meet between one in poverty and the other in sufficiency, it is a beginning of hope. God bless.
05/20/11
Thank you for such an open-hearted look beneath the labels that we may so easily attach to those in need. Well-deserved commendation.
05/21/11
So much I like about this! I like the way you contrast what the wealthy considers suffering, compared to suffering, different degrees down from the wealthy. I like how you point out that more often than not “donations” made to help the needy is stuff others don’t want anyway or wouldn’t eat themselves. You point out the need for more volunteers, more compassion, more real solutions than just to “ban” the needy. And in the end I love how you end with the message, that like the woman, the answer starts with each of us, each one doing what we should! Great job with your message! Highly Commended award so deserved!