The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 969 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well, you had me believing it was ALL true! LOL! Good job.

(Only red ink for me is I did feel paragraph #4 could've been better split in two. Maybe begin a new paragraph with "I was truthful. I was raw." so those thoughts show up better.)
02/11/11
You made a "believer" out of me too!
I really liked this. It held my attention right from the start. Of course, I'd like to see Part 2 (after the concert).
02/15/11
Now I'm going to make you jealous. I've seen the Beatles live in concert at Leeds Odean in Leeds, England. I qued all night waiting for the ticket office to open. I still have the stub. And I stood on my seat and screamed like a mad woman all the way through. Ah ... the joys of youth!
02/16/11
You succeeded in a playful bit of writing. Fun piece to read.
02/16/11
I enjoyed the "mature woman's" expression of a youthful crush and how you interwove it with the story of your "real life" man. I agree with the other commenter that your 4th paragraph would read better if seperated. Otherwise, it was great fun to read.
02/17/11
Letters can be powerful tools for healing. You have demonstrated that power very effectively in this piece.
Congratulations for placing 25th overall!