The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1305 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/04/11
This is a gripping assessment of what police officers have to deal with as part of their jobs. When it hits on a personal level, how much harder their jobs become.
02/05/11
Wow! What a fast-paced story. Very sad. So did the partner die in the car crash? I'm sure this is a story that many big city policeman face. Nice job.
02/06/11
I was totally hooked and had to know whether he was going to pull the trigger or not. Very well done!
02/06/11
I expect this is the trauma most police officers go through - thanks for giving us a look at when it all becomes personal and the need for stepping back. A thriller indeed!
02/07/11
I love the layering here - the opening was powerful,and it just kept building. Excellent!
I'm glad you MC made the right choice, but I was surely conflicted with him. You have a good touch with suspense, for sure
Choices, and living with them, have eternal consequences. The end of this story is yet to be written. Well done.
Tense and gripping. I could never have written this and those writers who are capable of telling such stories are special. I really liked the way the opening and closing paragraphs sandwiched your conflict and resolution so well together.
What a powerful piece! I think you could write for some new cop shows. Amgoing characters, great impact.
02/09/11
A thoroughly satisfying conclusion. I found the time shift at the very beginning rather confusing
Congratulations for placing both 11th in Masters and overall!
03/07/12
Always a pleasure to read the writings of a master. You can still move me with your description and how you breath life into your character and asses the moral reality of their actions. Excellent read my friend!