The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1491 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/13/11
This was masterful. I was so drawn into the story, hoping against hope, that Bessie's attitude toward the child had changed permanently. Alas, it wasn't! Excellent, excellent work!
This is a story that left me wanting to turn the page for more. Enjoyable read.
01/16/11
I was left feeling so sorry for Bessie. Winter brought spring to her heart and she was so far from Minnesota. Great story. Needs a novel built around it!
I was so hoping for a permanent change in Bessie! Your beautiful story showed clearly how a rare snow can affect the emotions like magic.
01/16/11
So sad, but compelling. I want to know more!
When the attitudinal switch flipped I felt a surge of hope for the future....and even though the end of your story didn't promise continuing breakthroughs, I was left with that hopeful glow! This was enticing, a little glimpse into the reality of human emotion and relationship when the participants are living out the process of discovery....and the possibility of redemption.
01/17/11
I didn't want the snow-magic that transformed her world to end. This is a beautiful story. It pulls on the heart-strings.
Very, very nice job. You deserve big time kudos for this one!
I enjoyed the connection between bessie and the snow. Must be hard moving from minnestoa to texas. i can see why your mc wanted to see snow again.
01/18/11
Beautifully written! It's so nice to be able to feel the sweet innocence of a 'baby girl' looking at the snowfall with surroundings as if in a magical land. Enjoyed the read.
01/20/11
Carol, congratulations on your Editor's Choice for this wonderful story!
01/20/11
This story tugs at my heart strings. So well written bringing the reader right into the story. Now I would love to read the rest...what happens next?
i'm very happy this one placed. I truly like it. Very well done.
01/22/11
Congrats Carol, great job!
01/22/11
I like how you showed Bessie was homesick. You didn't tell me, you laid it out line after beautifully written line. Congratulations on your EC, it truly was a masterpiece.