The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2033 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/05
wow. great observations and truth.
You kept my attention! Very thought-provoking.
You've really put a lot of thought and heart into this story. Some readers may wonder about the sweeping generalization of 'stained glass churches' though.
Very, very thought provoking. I especially liked the parallels between the flowers that could not survive in the 'world' because they have no scent to attract insects and the 'sunday christians': if we do not carry the 'scent' of the Lord into the outside world, how can we attracts others to Him? Intelligently written piece. God bless.
10/11/05
An interesting comparison.
10/12/05
The story is well written... great imagination, etc. Certainly the church needs a call to wake up and this take a great swing at that goal. Very good! My only concern with this piece is that I don't think the compasison quite connects. Perhaps if you compared the "Sunday-morning Christian's" faith with the hothouse flower... neither able to survive outside their enclosure... it would have been a touch more direct. Either way, though, excellent work.
10/12/05
Very well written comparison! Good job!
10/12/05
A great analogy. Skillfully you bought your character to a place of revelation, leaving me with the hope of possible spiritual awakening.
10/13/05
Excellent linking to the topic, thought provoking. Well done.
10/15/05
Very thought provoking! And sadly, how true. thank you for this entry. I like it!
Very creative piece, Al. Good to read another of your inventive stories. I always enjoy your perspective. May He continue to bless you as you honor Him. In His name, Karen
10/17/05
Al, congratulations on your 4th place in the Editors' Choice and 3rd Place in the Level 3 Awards. Very well deserved.

I thought this was an excellent message from a very creative angle. I'm delighted that it will be in this quarter's anthology!

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
10/18/05
Brother Al..I would love to be able to get such things down to this degree and poignancy. Real life stuff--I really enjoyed reading your story and get so much insight from them. Thanks for being you!! God bless ya, littlelight