The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1109 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Excellent--"Masterful strokes" might also describe your poetry.
Wow. Loved the 'effects' of light and the Light. Very nicely done!
12/19/10
Wow! A clear object lesson in "showing not telling."
Wow -- the progresson of grief. From the dark captivity of pain to the illuminated freedom of a loss accepted. At least that is this reader's interpretation of your poetic language. :o)

Great job! Makes me want to research Monet as well. Keep writing!
12/21/10
Henry, you are a true artist. Sometimes your words actually paint the picture and I have to remind myself I'm reading. Certainly, you command this style of poetry.

If I knew more about Monet's life and work, I'm sure I'd appreciate this poem even more. As it is, I love it, and it was even better the 2nd read. This will stay on my heart. Beautiful
12/22/10
Absolutely love the ending! And how you go from "painting" the grimness of death to the bright joy of life. Superb!
12/22/10
Excellent poem—so clear and direct to the point!
12/22/10
Breathtaking!
12/23/10
Once again, your poetry takes my breath away. What I like about your poetry is it makes me think. It's impossible to just "scan" your poetry. A reader needs to sink their teeth into it and then there's the "ahh" moment when understanding comes. PLEASE publish that book.