The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 950 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/27/10
I could really visualize the slapstick comedy going on in the telephone booth. Thank goodness for a happy ending. I was "rooting" for Rosie!
11/29/10
Cute story. Good descriptions of the costumes and telephone booth goings on. Thank you.
11/30/10
Something different for a change—a comical take on the topic! Glad Grandpa spared Rosie from the slaughter. LoL.
11/30/10
Lovely tale! Ada's ideal retirement plan for Rosie sounds like the perfect retirement plan for me too. But I wonder, is it possible for a stay-at-home mother and want-to-be writer to retire?

Loved the descriptive detail and the telephone booth entanglement scene was hilarious. This scene wrapped the theme and story together beautifully.

Nicely done.
12/01/10
I thoroughly enjoyed this delightful story...the humor in the story was perfection. Great imagery, especially when they were tangled up in the phone box.
I so enjoyed this lovely story. It would make a delightful picture book. I'm pleased to say other than the towns I knew the other references and they added to the quaintness of the story.
12/02/10
This threatened to be sow boar-ing, but you added some life and fun to it. Well done.
Congratulations on an EC for your fun story.
12/02/10
Hearty congrats
Congratulations on your EC! I hope you turn it into a picture book. It would be perfect!
12/02/10
And you were worried...

Good job on the posting. A well done entry.
12/02/10
I knew this one would do well. Congratulations on your EC.
Looks like the threats to give you a good slapping worked :-) Well done, Chrissy, well done!!
12/06/10
Chrissy, Super congrats on your Editor's Choice award for this entry!
Haha, enjoyed it. The beginning was a lot like the opening of Charlotte's Web, but loved the "dragon" tangled in the telephone booth.
I guess the Chicken got the worst end of the deal. lol Well done.