The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1347 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/10
I could just see this poor soul being urged to go online. This line just made me smile, "I’m glad to read that you are well -- Your op – a fine success..." This is super creative and so much fun!
Smooth, clever, unique and very well done, and a great message and story to tell. Enjoyed it all. I liked the rhythm, rhymes and meter.
A cleverly written poem with a message. Good work.
11/14/10
I agree! It is a fun poem and very clever. The slightly rollicking rhythm brings out the smile yet it has a poignant undertone. Like a good wine.
I could feel the writer's reluctance to be on a computer. This was fun to read. :)
Your meter is spot on, and the story flows naturally through the stanzas. The last stanza seems misplaced to me - I wonder if you meant to end with "I am not called." ? Just a thought. I really loved this poem - you drew me in from the first, and made me want to read on to the end.
11/16/10
Fun story!
I loved the title! A very enjoyable read. Thank you. God bless your writing.
This is great. I love a nice chuckle and your words flow so smoothly.
11/17/10
Entertaining story!
Somewhat confused at the end-is the MC in a nursing home?

Story is so true of people today who don't want to participate but are being "highly" encouraged."
Congratulations for placing 15th in level 4 and 24th overall!