The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 903 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great story. The suspense was wonderful. It's a shame that many people jump to conclusions without all of the facts.
You had me reading to the very end. I'm glad it turned out well for them and ws straightened out. I really felt for your MC. That takes talent, I was invested in her cause. I hope she ends up with the teaching position. very well done.
I wanted to push Mrs. Watkins down and punch the Pastor. Good job!
11/08/10
Great job! Very believable until the apology. That rarely happens in my experience, but a great read.
11/08/10
What a load of pharisees. I guess they ought to spend more time reading their Bibles and less time preening before the mirror.
11/09/10
The truth is, there have been those whose reputations have been ruined that quickly on that little of evidence. I, too, was rooting for your main character. I'm glad things were resolved and they had the wisdom to move on.
Great idea for a story. It's just too bad they weren't able to resolve their differences and stay in the church. I enjoyed this very much. :)
11/10/10
Some punctuation and comma errors threw me at first, but your pacing is perfect from the beginning of the scene in the pastor's office. I felt as if the story was lacking depth of character - but the concept was excellent. I'd love to see this in a longer form.
11/10/10
A very good point. When one make a judgement by rumors, without the true facts, it can lead to all kinds or problems. Very well put and nicely done.
Congratulations for placing 15th in this level!
11/17/10
You drew me in right from the beginning and managed to SHOW us how damaging rumors can be. Excellent job and congratulations on your well deserved placement, Chrissy.