The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1189 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/28/10
I could feel the pain of the MC in this tender piece. Putting words to paper is a good form of therapy, and as your story indicates, it certainly helped the father of this child.
10/28/10
The unusal voice you give this piece adds to the depth of drama. Powerful and sad.

Mona
10/29/10
This is so touching, so sincere, and so sad. Your ending is perfect, adding a touch of hope. Just beautiful writing.
Oh the pain in these words. I can't imagine having to write a letter like that and I pray I will never know that type of pain. You did a beautiful job.
This was gripping and sad and powerful, all wrapped into one. It was beautifully written and left me sitting here after reading it, quietly contemplating its meaning. A wonderfully sensitive piece which must have been difficult to write but you handled it so very well.
Congratulations on your EC!
11/04/10
Your title is perfect and your story beautiful and haunting. Congratulations on your Editor's Choice award!
11/05/10
Mad, mad talent. Congrats on EC. A master for sure.
God bless.
11/05/10
Oh, wow, Folakemi,...powerful writing, simply spellbinding! Well done and congratulations.
11/10/10
This was so moving. Grief doesn't get much deeper than this. Great job.