The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1368 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is beautiful and so inspiring. I enjoyed every word and it gives me something to think about as well!
This is a very well-told story, warm and thought-provoking. Be sure to read through before entering, though--you said "the Nelson" rather than "to Nelson" and "roll of your sleeves..." instead of "roll up your sleeves." Overall I really enjoyed this piece, and believe you have a real talent.
09/16/10
Loved the ending.

Your word pictures were very vivid.

Congrats on your placement,
Congratulations on a well-written story!
09/16/10
Congratulations, Lollie! I read your post on the forum and totally relate to your feeling about your first EC. Got mine a couple of weeks ago, and nearly went out of my mind. My husband heard me yell and ran in to see about me. lol I was also #10, and couldn't have cared less. This is a lovely piece - well written and with a great message- and deserves the EC. Blessings!
Congratulations on an excellent story and that oh so illusive EC!
09/16/10
Very well written and congratulations! The message should be shouted from the mountain tops.
09/16/10
Very thought provoking and filled with truth. Congratulations on this deserving EC. (My first EC I was 10th as well...I think they heard me several counties away and when I got my 2nd EC...well, you can imagine!)
Well written, engaging story with dialogue that moved the story quickly forward. Characters seemed real and you did a good job of fleshing them out. Congratulations, it's easy to see why you placed so high with your work!
09/18/10
Amen, preach it, sister!
Great message and some wonderful characterisation, particularly of Nelson's mother
09/18/10
Amen, preach it, sister!
Great message and some wonderful characterisation, particularly of Nelson's mother
09/18/10
Excellent story with an oh-so-true message! Congrats on getting Second Place and on your EC! You go, girl. ;)