The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 859 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/19/10
I liked this entry for several reasons: the dream grabbed my interest, the devotion gave me pause, and the simple honesty of your MC (that he wasn't exactly sure what was to be revealed to him) made me know I'm not alone when I'm scratching my head. Good job.
Humans can be very stubborn creatures. I believe God sends us messages in our dreams. It's one of the rare times we have our defenses down and are able to clearly hear the voice of the Lord. it's pretty cool how he works in such a wondrous way. Great writing.
I like the MC's contemplative attitude. So many times we simply blow off incidents and dreams and scriptures. Good to see this person setting an example of reflection...
08/26/10
You really held my interest as you so deftly related your dream. I've found that dreams that stay with you like this have true meaning and may be a revelation from God. Perhaps the box you guarded so religiously was your faith in God that others were trying to take away from you. It would have to have been your dearest treasure, possibly your wife or children. You were right to quote scripture and try the Jabez prayer "...keep me from evil that I may not cause pain."