The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1031 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an exciting story. I was anxious to find out how the cup bearer was going to get out of the mess. It was a wonderful and satisfying ending. I do believe you could do a novel with these interesting characters.
07/23/10
Good story telling!
07/24/10
I felt like I was in the banquet hall and I trembled right along with the cupbearer. Very good writing!
Oh, this was SO good!! So well-written! What an imaginative and creative piece. Yes - it could very well become a novel. Could you work on that for us?
07/26/10
Strong characterization, powerful story, good plot, mystery = well done!
Outstanding in every regard! The little girl was so unexpected. Well done.
Outstanding writing. Way to go!
07/27/10
Very nice! 8)

I suspected that mean old Duke ... who also turned out to be crazy. Glad they punished the right guy. (The right guy who was wrong? Hmm...) Anyway --

I also liked the part about mercy in the end. Great analogy of the heavenly King having mercy on us for His Son's sake.
That was a fun read. I liked the twist with the little girl. I'll bet she gets a Christmas card from the cupbearer.
07/28/10
I really truly enjoyed this.
The little girl was a surprise! Glad she came forward.

Good job with the dialog, I never had any trouble knowing who was talking. I know that gets hard with the 750 word limit.
07/28/10
Wow, extremely intense! You put the reader immediately into the action! This is an engaging story! Great work!
Very well written suspense story. I loved the part where the little girl entered and the ending with mercy.
07/29/10
A taste of the master's mercy is all we need! How great is He who grant us mercy even when we were deep in sin! I thoroughly enjoyed the reading. You have set forth an interesting plot and ended the story very nicely with a message put across very well. Excellent work.
08/03/10
Yaaaay! I just saw this! Congrats!!!! :D