The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1259 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/19/10
A great illustration of how all our fancy book learnin' don't mean we know it all, and how the exalted sometimes need to take a humble pill.
06/21/10
I can just picture the poor doctor as she realised she would have to take a different approach. Excellent story that really caught my attention.
06/21/10
It's definitely a challenge not to force our own passions onto others, especially at the expense of common sense and reality. Good message and well done.

(Red ink -- Book titles need italics.)
Very appropriate title. The Bible does say that "Pride goes before a fall." At least the doctor was willing to get up and learn, once she realized her grand techo gadget and pamphlets were worthless. Thanks for a great "lesson story." Keep writing and God Bless.
06/22/10
I could certainly feel her pride, and passion, and loved her humility at the end. Very nicely done.
This touched me at such a deep level. I have tears in my eyes. I'm so fortunate to live where I do and I often forget how blessed I am. The only suggestion I might have is I wasn't familiar with DRC. I thought it was similar to Doctors Without Borders. I'll likely smack my head when I do know what it is. Your story is so intense and filled with emotion and love. I can only imagine the author is the same way. Outstanding work.
Congratulations on placing in the top 15 of your level and the top 30 overall.