The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1488 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/17/10
What were you doing in my head, eh? (though I sure can't write poetry like this) I think a LOT of us can relate to this one. This one seemed like it was fun to write.
06/19/10
Besides our faith in Jesus Christ, we are all connected by the procrastination gene. Nice poem!
06/19/10
I enjoyed tagging along with you on this day. I especially enjoyed the coffee, the Scrabble, and the shopping. :) I'm sorry you couldn't finish writing your column. :) [Your ending stanza is perfect… with your added words. ]
06/19/10
Good one! Even I, as a beginner writter, can procrastinate with the best of the Masters!
06/19/10
I felt like I was skipping through the day with you...doing the same things. Well done!
Sounds like this poet had a great day, all except for getting to the writing part of it, that is. Love the last words! :)
06/20/10
Fun poem and a great day. There's always tomorrow!
06/20/10
Isn't it wonderful to have "tomorrow," the hope and redemption of every procrastinator? I could identify with the speaker.
Yes, tomorrow is always there. Your day sounded so enjoyable. Thanks for sharing your day and writer's challenges. Keep writing.
06/21/10
Hope it doesn't happen too often.
Very nice and light. I especially enjoyed the last line.
06/21/10
We all deserve a day off even if there is a deadline to be met. Loved the sardonic humour here. A fun write!
06/21/10
I've had days like this :) Very well written with a good message in the humour.
06/24/10
Ah, procrastination... it's what binds us all together as one. :) So well stated and so true! Good job.
06/24/10
I like the way you wrote this piece! It flows well and gives very smooth reading. Procrastination and a little lack of inspiration usually have us writers restless. You've conveyed this message in your poem very well. It's certainly a precarious behavior that can cost us our jobs as writers!