The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1292 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Loved it from beginning to end! I felt the stress of the MC as he tried to overcome his block, while at the same time was humored by his unsuccessful attempts to get over his writer's block. I’m glad he decided to spend time with his daughter, and as a result was inspired to write again.
The very last sentence really made me smile. The way you tied in the title with that final sentence made your story all the more complete. The stress and blocks of writing should not stop us from showing love to the family God gave us.
06/01/10
I love this story, and it's so true--sometimes, we have to stop writing and LIVE... and ironically, it makes our writing better. Well done--enjoyed it!
Aaah! I like the simple reminder here. Sometimes the best inspiration is to do something totally different that takes one's mind off the writer's block. And, it's a good reminder that our kids are more important than deadlines and tasks. This piece drew me right in and had me hooked clear to the end.
06/11/10
Loved this, and the solution to his dilemma. Great writing, and a heart-touching story.
07/24/11
Sigh. I LOVE this. From Charles to Charlie-Boy. :)

So much fun. The humor is fantastic. Fun piece but poignant, too. That takes talent.

You are a great writer, Joan! I love the little details you choose to include. That's one thing that sets your writing apart and above!