The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1155 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Clever & original. Never thought of writing as a game, but I like it. Favorite character - "Ed It". Too funny!
05/23/10
Interesting . . . I like paper mate, Hewlett, and Ed It! :D

It's true - sometimes we have more talent than we ourselves see, and it takes encouragement and coaching to bring it out. That's the writer's life! ;)
05/24/10
I think you have a winner here. Great job!
05/24/10
This was really good. I enjoyed tis different view. I did find one small typo: "As I waited from the bleachers" should probably have been watched from?

See you in a few weeks, roomy.
That's what my problem is... I don't have a basketball hoop!

Creative and different. Sometimes, the opposing team tries to steal your gameplay too, and that is when you really need to rely on the Coach to sort it out. I really liked this, well done.
05/26/10
What a fun metaphor you've used. Your referee's mercy warmed my heart. I enjoyed your creativity here! After reading this… I think I need to upgrade my writing tool. :)
I liked all your characters, Ed It, Papermate & the Coach.
Thank you for writing a very entertaining story.
Congratulations on EC. It's no small feat getting over the fence from our happy herd.

With this story, you just may have created a whole new meaning for the word, "original."
Congratulations on a very creative entry. The title may fit the story, but not the author!
05/27/10
Congratulations, Rikki, on your ribbon AND editor's choice award for this super creative story!