The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1416 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The suspense was wonderful. I could feel the fear. Your descriptions drew me into the story. I'm not sure if it's because my memory of history is not the greatest, but I didn't know what Valkyrie was until I googled it. But even without that knowledge I was aware of the danger and importance of keeping that manuscript in the right hands.
Superb writing! Resolution? My history fails me on this.
05/11/10
Wow, this is gripping and chilling! You've excellently infused this with emotion. I love your title!
You kept the suspense and tension taught all the way through your story. The plot and characters were all very believable. I especially liked the way your dialogue helped to drive the story forward.
05/12/10
I loved the story and characters and hated the Nazis. But like some other commenters, I didn't know the history enough to get the resolution. I know Dietrich Bonhoffer, but who is Ernst and what did he write?
wow! well done. literally held my breath.

and as soon as you said Dietrich I knew who it was. (Great story in itself)

Can't say I have anything red to offer, just praise I'm afraid.

Tears are swimming as I write these words. How powerful! May I always hold the bible as a treasure that is worth more than I can possibly imagine.
Thank you for writing this.
05/13/10
Stunning "re-enactment" of history! Well done indeed! Congratulations on your placement.
05/13/10
Kristi -- Congrats on "Highly Commended" with this wonderful entry!