The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1070 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/10
I imagine this is exactly what happened with John. Love your title:)
05/11/10
WOW! So vivid and powerful!
05/11/10
What a manuscript to write! You did good with the little details. I can just see John shaking his head and sweat flies freely from his brow. Powerful entry.
A really well-done piece of imagery of the production of one of our greatest manuscripts.
05/11/10
Well woven together, giving life to John's writing of Revelation.
05/11/10
It slowly dawned on me who you were writing about and the circumstances. You've surely depicted the emotion surrounding John as he penned Revelation. Wow!
05/11/10
I could see John anguishing. Your descriptions are so vivid. I caught on what was being written about a third of the way through, but was still pleasantly surprised to see I was right. This is full of emotion. Masterfully done.
You brought this story to life. Well done.
Masterful presentation of John!
Very vivid tale, I started catching on about half way through. Great writing!
05/12/10
You did an wonderful job of showing John's likely emaotions and his humility in this. I enjoyed reading this all the more as I began to realize who the writer was and what it was that he was writing.
Writing historical fiction is not easy task and few are good at it - but you are, indeed. Your telling of this story is like a replay of scenes I had pictured in my own mind. A balance of truth and imagination - great job!
05/12/10
So well done. You've made it possible to imagine what John experienced.
Great imagery of what John must have felt. I also see John's ordeal of witnessing the final days and and then having to write them, as a yoke I am grateful not to have had.

You used several creative and effective descriptions and especially liked:His hand stuttered in mid sentence.
05/12/10
Good job! I could feel John's anguish at the enormity of the assignment he had received, and at his feelings of not being qualified to undertake such a task.
05/12/10
Vivid, powerful and inspirational!
Fantastic!!!