The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 879 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Cute story about having a one on one relationship with God.

Having a very similar experience, enjoyed Sally's revelation of finding out that God had already answered her questions, in His word.
04/15/10
I love that your Sword is the Word of God. Using Sally's letter writing was a great way to tell the story of her walk with God.
I enjoyed it from the title right to the epiphany. You made your point very clear. Good job.
04/19/10
Cute story!

My suggestion would be to work a bit on "showing, not telling".

Your writing shows considerable potential, and I enjoyed reading this story.
04/21/10
This is an intriguing story and a pleasure to read. It's almost like a mini-novel, since it started with Sally as a young girl and advanced into her adulthood. I love how her long-ago prayer was answered in the end - and the answer had been there all along.

I can relate to Sally in her love for letter-writing and journal entries. It's so great to look back at those written trials and triumphs and see how God has worked in our lives.

I hope you will be writing many more challenge entries. :)
Fern, congrats on placing 10th in Level 1! That's an accomplishment :-)

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the highest rankings on the forums:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29573