The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1064 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This could very well be a ballet, with all the twisting, ducking and falling. LOL. What a fun read! The touch of romance was just right too, I hope Ashley and Derek do stay together...and work out the klutz thing. Good story!
01/22/10
Ohh I like this story! The way it is written reminds me of Sue Grafton author of 'The Alphabet Murders'. Different genre of course but same crisp, 'pacey' style. WELL DONE
01/25/10
Very fun romance!

There were a number of punctuation errors that became distracting after a while--one more edit might have done the trick.

This appealed to the softie in me--love a lighthearted story.
01/25/10
I always enjoy a wholesome romance and I did like yours.
Study up on punctuation for dialogue/quotes. Good job.
Nice story. The errors are a little distracting, but it is difficult trying to figure the italics and stuff out. I still haven't mastered it. But none-the-less it was a charming little romance story. I'm looking forward to reading you each week.
Love,
Shann
01/26/10
I loved the play on words on the "Boundary" book store. Brilliant! Great story and a fun read.
01/26/10
I just wanted the story to go on and on....
Love your writing style!
Your creativity shouted through the writing errors. Very cute story and definitely on topic.
01/26/10
Great story and fun to read.
01/26/10
What an enjoyable romance! I think Ashley and Derek definitely have a future... and a good sense of humor helps! Good job.
Awww, I love a nice gooey, romantic tale.

Yes, there were a few punctuation problems, but nothing that isn't easy to fix.

This reminded me a little of the scene in the travel agent in the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".

I like the visuals, all too real in the nervous first date experience :-)
01/27/10
Really like this story, as I am a romantic at heart. I can also picture the klutzy part of this too.

Bookstore fits quite well and I would want to follow this romance. Good story
01/28/10
How romantic! Makes me want to cuddle up and bat my eyelashes. :) This is a fun story.
Congrats on placing 8th in Level 1 Ruth!!! Tough competition, so good job!
This had me smiling from the minute she put on her old tennies! Delightful is a perfect word for this. You had me feeling as though I was Ashley. I too would like to see this continue. You have great natural instincts on that inner dialect also.