The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1030 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/10
Oh dear this was one big Ow! and yes the Lord does allow us to have our Ows! - too.
Interesting piece, don't think I could self stick myself in the belly.

Colin
01/14/10
This one made me think "ow!" I HATE needles! I definitely don't think that I could give a shot to myself. (Hopefully I'll never get diabetes. :) ) Although the belly wouldn't be as bad as the arm for me. I just don't like the thought of something sticking into my veins. Anyway, I love your analogy and how you sum it all up in the end! It's definitely easier to talk about taking the pain than actually going through it. But pain can be necessary to bring us back to God!
01/18/10
This devotional teaches an important lesson--thanks!

There are a few areas that could be polished--some spelling errors, for example. But there's a lot of potential in your writing! I've started a class in the FaithWriters forums for Beginner and Intermediate writers. I'd love to see you there--look for "Jan's Writing Basics".

Thanks for this touching testimony.
01/20/10
As I have diabetics in my family, I can identify with this piece. Sometimes the Ow's are just what we need. Thanks for sharing.