The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1528 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/09
This would be a great illustrated children's book. Cute story.
I could picture the entire scene and feel the young boy's curiosity and wonder. Gramps was a wise man teaching his grandson how to be invisible.
Love the homey feel of this piece. I could picture the little boy and his grandpa.
I love chickadees, too, but we don't have them in our area. Thank you for sharing this precious story.
10/27/09
Aww... :) I could just see this little guy when he was "invisible" in his grandfather's coat. Adorable!
10/28/09
Very creative and stock full of nostalgia. Loved Grampy! This brought back memories of past winters when I was able to feed the little chickadees. Thanks for that fuzzy, warm feeling! Adorable piece.
10/28/09
Precious. What an impact we can have by taking time to do so. Love it.

Mona
10/28/09
Such a cute story. Love it:) Wish I could meet your chickadees.
10/28/09
This is SUCH a sweet story. It should be sent to a kids' magazine, or made into an illustrated book. My little boy loves feeding birds, so I'll make sure he gets to read it. Good job!!
10/28/09
Love the title and the age-realistic dialogue. Very, very sweet.
Loved the interaction between Grampy and Sammy. The details are so vivid, you placed your reader in the scene.
Adorable story framed in flawless writing!!
Wonderful children's story. I love the patience of Grampy and the obvious love between grandfather and grandson.