The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1490 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I can definitely relate to the sinus problems. This was very well written and I especially like "grand finale of inspiring color." Nicely done.
Now I remember what there is I don't like about fall. You have some beautifully descriptive lines tucked away in here.
09/04/09
Living in the desert of southern California for so many years wouldn't allow me to relate, but now, here in the Midwest...yes, I can relate. Nice piece.
09/04/09
This makes me so very thankful I don't have allergies. I like your touch of humor here even though you are so miserable;)
09/04/09
Bummer to not be able to fully enjoy what you have so beautifully described.
09/05/09
Im feeling blessed not to have ever experienced your allergy symtoms. Fall is my favorite season, though in Arizona the burst of colors is not as spectacular as in other states.
I'm sorry for the MC, but you did a wonderful job of describing this gorgeous time of year.
09/09/09
A satisfying read told from an unexpected angle. I wasn't too sure about your final sentence, but the rest was excellent
09/09/09
I can never look at Autumn the same way again. I do take my allergy meds, so that might be the difference in perspective. :)
The MC's attempt to enjoy the season despite the suffering reveals such an optimist at heart. Made me really "feel" for this character and yet not be left "worried" about him/her. Good job of providing a relatively lighthearted account of an unfortunate condition.
Oh, poor MC (or is it really you?)

I don't envy the allergies, although I do enjoy the fall. I enjoyed the read.
09/09/09
Love your descriptions! I like the positive attitude of your MC.
09/09/09
Thorns on roses, isn't it?
Unique approach. Interesting.

Mona
What a great piece of writing. You'll place high with this one! Kudos!