The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1296 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/09/09
I enjoyed the day I spent with your MC in her twilight years. Thanks for taking me along and showing God's love in action through this old lady.
Through your excellent description, a beautiful elderly Christian lady appeared. Good job of "showing" instead of "telling." (I'd love to have her energy--at any age.) The last sentence was an excellent conclusion.
07/09/09
Go, granny! Tell that spy about Jesus! A wonderful story about a really wonderful old lady! Nice work
07/09/09
It looks like the Hound of Heaven may tracking a private deFective! A good light touch on a potentially disturbing theme.
07/10/09
Very cleverly written! Your title brought me in, the content of the piece kept me here. In a quotation situation, the punctuation should be on the inside of the second quotes. This was a delight. Laura
07/11/09
I hope I grow old this well.
07/11/09
what a delightful story! Wish there were more little ladies like that in the world.
07/11/09
What a great day! I love how you gradually revealed your MC's true self. I enjoyed every moment of the day, especially from dinner onward.
A truly wonderful story with a creative format. I loved that her "dementia" was unfounded. Never too late to accept Christ.
07/11/09
What an amazing woman. Nicely told.
07/11/09
Do you know my mother? The MC is an excellent example to every Christian. Good job.
07/14/09
Mmmmm. I'm a sucker for good meatloaf and potatoes...we love to roast potatoes at our house!

More than that, after reading about this grandma to everyone, I prayed that I would be like her one day--loving and giving and cooking lots to bless others who are in their busy time of life.

Great little story.
Awwww... I wanna be just like her! Excellent!
Loved it! You're a sweetie!
Very good entry. Kept me interested all the way through. Well written. Well done.
07/16/09
I liked the format for this piece. Very clever.