The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1696 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/08/05
Very lovely, and a skillful switching between "voices." Thank you for this gift of poetry.
08/08/05
This reminds me of someone very special. It's got my vote!
Loved the inspiration and reassurance felt in your poem! Would love to see it on a greeting card! Full of such hope! BEAUTIFUL!
mmmm, restful- thanks!
08/10/05
Heartening verse. Thanks for sharing.
08/12/05
Super! This poem is full of hope and the peace that only the Father knows how to impart to us. What a blessing to know that we can hide "in the shadow of His wings" and hear His tender heart beating for us as we draw nearer. Blessings.
08/12/05
This is close. I think with work on prosody this could be a great poem.
Loved this! It so captures our humanity and His mercy. We try to go it alone for some strange reason. He cares and waits to comfort. May we never forget to go to Him and abide under the shadow of His wings! Thanks!
08/13/05
I can never write good poetry because every word and beat has to be perfect. I've said it before, I admire poets. It is a difficult craft! This piece is 99% there.. just a couple of slips. A very nice read and an excellent message. You nailed "retreat" perfectly.
08/14/05
Just beautiful!
08/15/05
WOW!
08/15/05
Wow ... this is magnificent. Congratulations, Crista!
Congratulations on yet another great win Crista! And this time in the difficult realm of poetry. Good stuff!
Love it! An outstanding poem with a great message. Congratulations on another well-deserved win! :)
12/05/05
I found peace, contentment, joy and love in this poem...Thank you for making my Day. So Beautiful, so lovely, so well written!