The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1390 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love the contrasts here--very creative.
04/23/09
I loved this piece. I especially visualize it because my mother, who is 90 years old, just held my new grandson. He was born April 10th. What a differece in their hands.

Blessings to you.
Love this--I wasn't able to enter this time--but was going to write something similar. My aunt passed away Nov. 12th---and my niece was born the same day-about 10 hours later. Really great--thanks for writing it.
04/24/09
There is a simple purity in this piece that yields such a monumental lesson. I love this entry.
Mona
04/24/09
Lovely. Like others, I am reminded of a personal experience. My father died on the same day a new second cousin was born. Well done.
04/24/09
This is a lovely description of the beginning and end of life. Thank you.
04/28/09
Lovely! I liked how the words flowed. Even the way you typed them was unique and pleasant.
This is stunning. It brought tears to my eyes. I can totally relate. My daughter is having a baby girl in May so I'm very aware of the things she can do. I pictured her as I read your words. I loved the way you mirrored the two worlds. It was quite clever and really tugged at my heart. I'm delighted you found your way home and am excited to read more of your work.