The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 802 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/09/09
The interior monologue develops the Beth character well. A sweet portrayal of the highs and lows of everyday life. Well done!
I really enjoyed reading this. I especially liked her admitting the brief negative thoughts that were just as quickly dismissed-Satan slips those little ditties in at every possibility. Very nicely written.
04/11/09
A very real story written in an authentic voice.

Be careful of your verb tenses--you went back and forth between past and present a few times.

You've written a story that many can relate to, and I like the hope at the end.
04/25/09
Hi Cindy. I'm a week late, but wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, "Voices of the Day," actually did very well in the Up and Down Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 11th in that Level. There were a lot of entries for this topic, and competition in Level 1 is always very intense, so well done.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25204

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Again, well done! :-)

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)