The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1731 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/09/09
Great title - and such a compelling story. I loved the boy's determination especially. Great stuff!
03/09/09
Your title couldn't be more perfect for this. I'm so glad that practice is outlawed. (It hurts to think about what they do.) You have a lot of depth in t his. Great work!
03/09/09
This is a great story with a lot of hope. I wish they all ended this way. Good writing.
I've always loved the story of Gladys Aylward and this did not disappoint. Unfortunately, in some provinces of China, foot binding still happens. You did a great job with the suspense here.
03/10/09
You did a good job with this fictional story of a real person. I was impressed with how much story and interesting tid-bits of information you packed into the limited number of words. Very good job with the topic.
03/10/09
It seems Gladys Alyward passed on not just the Gospel message but also her invincible courage to this young lad. A great story, and the title is perfect.
03/10/09
What an awful tradition that was...so glad it was finally abolished!
03/10/09
I love the courage and determination of the boy.
03/12/09
Congratulations on your EC! Loved all the details and feelings expressed in perfect fashion. Fast-paced and enjoyable read!
03/12/09
Wonderful, Laury! Excellent writing. I really enjoyed reading this story. You were inspired. (:
03/18/09
Well-written. A story told in straight-forward, clear narrative and dialog.

Your story got me to thinking about what practices might exist in our own cultures that might need some divine perspective.

Indeed thought provoking.
I love how you took a real missionary and created an exciting fictional story around her. Your writing never disappoints.