The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1328 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/08/09
I really like this piece--your last paragraph is very compelling.

In light of your author's note, I personally think you did an excellent job representing the feelings of many people in that country. Nice job.
03/08/09
This was really an interesting perspective, and I wonder how much truth there could be to it. Creative idea!
03/08/09
You make an excellent point, and I'm sure you do express the opinion of many Iraqis. Surprising point of view, very well done.
I wish you could hear me applauding. I've heard this same viewpoint so many times, but never from the media..never "publicly." The twist at the end was awesome. I do wonder who being referred to in "I want to die on His time." A Muslim terrorist would (I think) be speaking of Allah, but it sounds more like a Christian speaking of the One True God.
03/09/09
Absolutely fascinating perspective. Gives us much to ponder - and that twist at the end is something else!
A very haunting story. I liked your point of view.
Well written and a very interesting POV. I think you, or rather your MC is right. Not all Iraqis are terrorists. I know some Iraqi Muslims, and they are gentle, loving family men and women. Good job on this entry, Alison.
03/09/09
I also liked the twist in the ending. Never saw it coming.

Having never written before I came to FW (beginner) I am learning amazing techniques, especially from the Advanced and Masters.

Thank you for the example of great writing skill, and a new dimension concerning the Iraqis to think about.
03/10/09
I was wondering what the secret was, then you revealed it. Oh my, it gave me the chills. I imagine there are probably young people trained to "sacrifice" themselves in the name of their god, who question in their heart. I imagine they cry out silently for help. I imagine there is some truth to this we haven't seen or heard yet.
03/11/09
Very thought-provoking, and an authentic voice.

I think the disclaimer at the end sort of pokes a hole in the balloon. Let your piece stand on its merits!

Thanks for writing this--it gave me a lot to mull over.