The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1402 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/16/09
Your story made me think of the famous German theologian and pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who was visiting the US just before WWII broke out. He also could have stayed in safety here, but chose to go back to Germany on one of the last boats to sail from the USA for that country before war broke out. Bonhoeffer chose to return, despite the possibility of death, in order to minister to the "Confessing Church." He later died in a concentration camp.

You are correct in that there is a harvest of souls to be reaped in every country of the world.
01/18/09
So compelling and such a challenge for us. I love the way you show us the ripe fields in both places. Excellent.
01/20/09
A tender bit of conversation--I almost felt like an eavesdropper in a very private moment.

My only nitpick would be that some of the dialogue seemed stiffer than would be indicated by the relationship between these two.

Great title and theme.
Good message and reminder. I would have liked a bit more detail and less discussion about the Gospel. Interesting approach to the topic.
This preached to me - in a good way. We had a missionary speak on Sunday - powerful. Your message here was so very similar to his. Indeed, there is a world ripe for harvest. I'm grateful to still be free to witness without persecution. Thanks for the reminder. :)
01/22/09
You've taken me to the brink in this story… I feel like I should hold my breath for this man. Your title is great. This is so relevant…
"This is as far as I can go..." to me this has a double meaning, and I love that. Wonderful message on the topic, very thoughtful writing.
01/22/09
Congratulations on your EC. Well written story with a very good message. Nice job.
01/23/09
Yay, Hoomi! Congrats on placing with this story!!
01/23/09
CONGRATULATIONS on your 5th place EC!! :)
01/26/09
Thank you for a message we all need to hear and remember. Congratulations on your EC win.
01/27/09
Fabulous story...congrats on your EC!