The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1695 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/05
Oh! You're going to leave us hanging! Interesting story about choices. I hope Ash makes the right choice.
07/19/05
Tough choices for teens. Good article, nicely written, left us hanging to come to our own conclusion at the end. Clever. God bless ya, littlelight
07/19/05
A good contrast - nicely written.
07/21/05
Ahhhh, the suspense...well done. Interesting story, could be used with a youth group.
07/21/05
Am I the only one disturbed that there is drinking at the party of the "nice" kid, too?
No, you're not the only one...that's about the only thing I would change...would like to hear "the rest of the story". Thanks for sharing!
07/22/05
Great story. Well developed dilemma for your character. Good that you left it hanging in the air. I'm not worried about the fact that both groups were drinking, it's clear one was, by contrast, in moderation and it was the 'older kids'. Well done.
07/23/05
Nicely done. The drinking issue is a toughy. Still, I enjoyed the story - flowed well, kept my interest, and left me wanting to know who she chooses.
07/25/05
Good job! I really like the way you left it unresolved, even though part of me wants to know. It illustrates that verse beautifully. A well deserved win!
07/27/05
Karen, first of all, congratulations on your 2nd place win in the Level 1 Challenge Awards. Well done! But that doesn't really tell the whole story. I really wanted you to know that you came very, very close to making it into the Editors' Choice awards as well. As you know, the Editors' Choice goes to the eight highest rated entries for the week. Your entry came in 10th. So be encouraged, you are definitely heading in the right direction and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work in the Challenge in the future. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Beautiful write-up! I was so engrossed in knowing where it would end. I hope Ashley took the right decision