The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2534 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a beautiful, creative take on the topic... the ending was very powerful for me, with the picture of war on a place that started out bringing peace... the King of Peace. But you ended with hope... this is really good.
Very well written, this beautiful story expresses the hope of the first Christmas for a world in turmoil today.
I treasured your message of hope where hope began and relished your word choices. Some of my favorites were:
a huddle of shepherds and
...pinpricks of light were stapled on a black sky.
10/15/08
Creative POV. I liked it. Like the angel's, no part is too small.
Beatifully written with a wonderful message of hope.
Wonderful! I loved the descriptions of the shepherds! Good message.
Amazing! God has truly blessed you with a gift. Such creativity! This really should be a ministry resource for church's at Christmas. Have you ever thought of writing a book for Christmas? It could be full of monologues and dramatic dialogues. I think you should consider it.
Lovely!
10/16/08
I like this piece very much - a very creative entry and neat POV. Nice work!
Wow! Melanie, this was great. The Christmas story from an "ordinary" angel's point of view. I love the way you ended with the angel joining with the group of Christians to sing carols to their Muslim neighbors.m
10/20/08
Melanie, this was touching, creative and moving. In today's world we need to hold on to hope like never before. Thanks so much.