The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1307 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thanks for the bravery of sharing your story with us readers.
09/05/08
Thanks for telling this story. Glad you made it through the heart attack. I have to remind myself that my body really belongs to God. Good descriptions.
09/06/08
Thank you so much for sharing. It amazes me that we can care so much for others but not ourselves. This was a good reminder. Thanks again.
09/08/08
I thought your stream-of-consciousness approach was very interesting and creative. I would have liked it to be clearer in work itself that you were talking about side effects of obesity, rather than just mentioning it in the author note.
Sensible eating is always the best diet, yet always seems to be the hardest to believe. :) Loved to read that following the doctor's directions to take care of the heart, also lost the weight. With all the delicious 100 calorie deserts packages ready to buy off the grocery shelves - hope the cheesecake at the end was a joke. :)
Thank you for sharing your story. It's very well written. Keep up the good work with taking care of yourself and keep the faith.
:-)
Fabulous piece of writing. I really got drawn into the inner thought of the character. Excellent reminder of how we all need to give ourselves over to the Lord, including the physical self. I hope you are faring well :)