The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1605 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Fun, fun, fun! children will love this. One suggestion: I think the entire first stanza should be directed to Marvin Malone instead of telling about him in the middle. I love the variation of themes from construction zone to the north pole, etc.
07/24/08
Insidious little devils those cell phones, aren't they? Very good.
07/24/08
An absolute DELIGHT and joy to read. This must have been tons of fun to write too. The rhymed are absolutely a hoot and totally delightful and fun. Love it!
07/25/08
How funny. My kids would say that's me while on the internet. What a fun piece!
Your creativity and humor are displayed delightfully here. I loved it.
07/30/08
Such a fun read! I love the rhythm...great job!
07/31/08
This was an absolute blast to read. Great job!
This was fun! It had a Dr. Seuss feel to it. My favorite stanza was this one:

“Marvin Malone, please get off the phone,”
Growled polar bears deep in the cold arctic zone,
“This iceberg is ours; go get one of your own.
Go away, Marvin Malone.”


Poor Marvin. Why don't they leave him alone when he talks on the phone? Hehe :)
07/31/08
Wow! I love this... your rhyming words are excellent (and it was no small feat to get so many words to rhyme with phone). I bet your kids will love to hear this read! (and I wish I could hear about their reaction to this). :)
08/01/08
I must be a kid at heart, coz this really appealed to me at 58. Takes a lot of skill to write something that appeals to any age -- AND put it to rhyme. I can visualize some great illustrations to go with it. Well done!