The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1595 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/24/08
This was very good. One thing, though, you switched the point of view from the donkey to your thoughts. Maybe a couple of *** in between paragraphs would help that. Good job.
Laury
05/24/08
Good re-telling of this familiar Bible passage. I've always thought that if my donkey started talking to me, I'd be so astounded, I don't think I could talk back, let alone answer questions! An amazing illustration of the power of our God!
Creative slant on this topic. I agree wholeheartedly with your primary premise that many times animals know and see things - much clearer than we humans do. :) Nice job retelling this story. :)
I really like this Bible story turned into a devotional. Much talent here, keep writing.

I smiled when I realized what you were going with this.
05/27/08
Oooh, good one! Great lesson at the end.

Some POV and tense switches here and there, and I'd like this to be even more expanded.

One of my favorite OT stories--glad you thought to use this one this week.
This was some very good writing. I enjoy unique takes on Bible stories such as this one.

I agree that you need to somehow indicate your POV shift to the reader, but that is something minor that can be easily fixed.

Thank you for sharing this. It was good. :)
05/29/08
This is one insightful devotional. Thanks.