The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1139 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed your clever satire. Why, indeed, shouldn't our adult children and their mates receive the benefit of all our wisdom!
You did this w/o being preachy. Your humor eased the tough spots.

I can appreciate your need to "help."

Good Job on topic as well.
05/18/08
I appreciated the honest portrayal of yourself--good intentions and all. I was a bit thrown off after the list of rules when you went into a general stream of thought about no Meddling Mamas (love the alliteration). I'd been expecting the point of view to remain specific to your experience and was awaiting the first involvement with sons-in-law. What you said was excellent and kept the humorous outlook on the topic but just threw me off a bit. I like how you ended the piece with not wanting any cross-talk.
05/19/08
Very good job with the voice. I love the bit about being able to hear turtles breathe--so funny!

I think you hit the balance just right.
I love it! The advice seemed excellent for most situations, but I chuckled at how reality caused your human, mother-in-law-ly (new word)spirit to emerge once again. THis is very creative and well done.
You did such a good job with this and your touches of humor were right on target. I really liked this entry!!
Lol! I love the idea of "No Duct-Tape necessary!) Cute, there's just the right touch of humor here and I loved the idea of "Crosstalk" Now there's something I can hold onto the next time I'm listening. Great job! I loved it. ^_^
05/23/08
Hi Dianne, This is Jenny's sister...Casey. After reading some of your submissions, I decided to join.

You are really funny. I enjoyoed this post.
05/24/08
Very good indeed!