The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1205 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/08
The Uncle in this story has certainly had to bear a seemingly unfair amount of loss. This is a sad account of their lives together. The memories shared are written in a vivid and descriptive way. If this is a true story, he DOES need prayer-poor man.
04/26/08
I like how you introduce us to your cousins and aunt and then tell us how they died. You made this very personal. Good job. I will be praying for this uncle. Such a hard life.
Laury
04/26/08
I like how you introduce us to your cousins and aunt and then tell us how they died. You made this very personal. Good job. I will be praying for this uncle. Such a hard life.
Laury
04/30/08
Beautiful word picture of your uncle. I enjoyed reading this.
I love how you sat me right in the car with all that sticky mess. Your descripions are inspiring. Yes,I've prayed for your dear Uncle.
So sad! But I like your title and how you explained it in the first half. Ice Cream Dreams. Very creative descriptions! ^_^
So much emotion your reader can feel the saddness and the descriptions are so vivid. I too, will pray for your uncle.
05/01/08
A very strong piece - I definitely prayed for your uncle, Marita. What a man - and what he has been through!