The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1831 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/08
I especially liked the T-minus comments. Entertaining.
ROFL! I loved this-the sci-fi angle of having an Alien uncle was hilarious! I was with the kids all the way and wondering if and what would happen when! Great job-especially with the T-minus countdowns. Great stuff! ^_^
04/26/08
I LOVED this! How funny!
Laury
04/27/08
This was so fun!! What a creative tale you wove for us. Maybe I should start reading the tabloids so we don't entertain unaware? I loved this!
04/27/08
SO fun - to write (I hope) AND to read! So many gems in here. Entirely too entertaining.
04/27/08
Very creative! The "remedy" sounds very familiar...but who knows, maybe that's the only good weapon against aliens.
I love how you showed how kids get all excited over anything that hints of mystery.
Great writing.
I liked the t-minus comments and the disclaimer at the very end. Your rhymes were smooth too. This was an extremely creative take on the topic, and I think you have a good shot at ranking high this week with this one.

Thank you for sharing this. It was a delight to read.
Very entertaining and creative. I was just intrigued as I read to see what would happen next. Cute and different and well-done.
Loved it.

Now this is unique, plus entertaining and ultra-creative. Wow!
04/29/08
This is SO creative! I really, really enjoyed it.
This packs a punch, fun, creative, engaging. Did I say fun? Loved your uncle poem.
This reads almost like a movie, with images continually parading by from beginning to end. Good work!
05/01/08
Beth... your creativity is masterful as well as your delivery... I LOVED this. You inspire me to write fiction poetry, and because of what you branch out doing, I want to learn by reading yours. GREAT writing once again... Dianne
06/06/08
Hi Beth,

This article went a different direction than I thought it was going, but it was very well written and humorous. (I admit I thought you were going to show how children can be deceived by the lies of society, but your poetry and use of words was very good.)