The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2605 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow.. thats so cool! I can't imagine my 4 year old stepping up like that!
03/07/08
AWESOME!!!! I loved being led into a true life account. AMAzing story.
Thanks for the history lesson, but I would have liked it anyway.
03/09/08
Great story. The note at the end makes it even better.
I'm really impressed with this. Your opening sentence was great. It really grabbed my attention. It was fun to realize the little boy was Charlie Chaplin in the end. There isn't really much I can offer as far as red ink. I was beginning to think it was a little predictable, but then we learned the boy was Charlie Chaplin and I was surprised by that. Great job!
I learned something. This held my attention and was well written, too.
This was a very cool story. I love that there is real history to be learned here. Masterful writing.
Oooh, a bit of history in here. I never knew that was how he started out. This was great, I was with you all the way through this. The realistic setting and especially the atmosphere had me there with Spencer and wondering what was happening and what would happen next. Nice job! I especially like when he stopped singing to pick up the coins. ^_^
03/12/08
Loved this, from the first word to the last. Simply top-notch.
What a fun way to teach a history lesson! I had no idea that was about Charlie Chaplin. Well done, that was awesome.
03/12/08
Awesome! I LOVE that this is true, and that you "did the digging" to share it. Perfect for the topic, and an absolutely engaging read. Excellent.
***Congrats on your EC!*** ^_^
Goof one week at sending, and just see what happens next. This is a wonderful entry and well worthy of first place in EC. Congratulations
03/13/08
Jerry, I am so excited for you. Move on up to Masters where you belong. : )
03/13/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is a very interesting story, fit the topic perfectly, and is very well written. Great job.
An absolutely wonderful story that would have been great even if it had been fiction...but is even better since it is true! Terrific writing. A huge congrats on your well deserved placement!
03/13/08
I love your "rest of the story" approach. Great entry, masterfully written! Congrats on your level placing and 1st place EC!
03/13/08
Woowoo! Up with us now, mister master! This is much better than you think (obviously LOL) - congrats on your VERY well-deserved first place. :D
Congratulation on your 1st place! Very interesting story and love that it's true.
03/13/08
Absolutely outstanding article, and congrats on your placing.
03/19/08
You made this true story readable and entertaining. There's tension, humor and sweetness. Excellent. Congrats on a well deserved EC.